uncover & celebrate the unique
Denise Fornberg is a marketing communications professional with over 16 years of experience helping young companies, established practices, and small businesses motivate new audiences with smart messaging and strategy. Giving voice to the core nature of a company and its people, Denise is an advocate for authenticity and the clear expression of value.
+ Media outreach and public relations
+ Original writing for bylined articles, blogs, pitches & white papers
+ Brand management
+ Informational brochures & targeted proposals
+ Interview/presentation coaching & prep
+ Social media strategy & maintenance
+ Website development & maintenance
+ Marketing strategy & mentorship
Just the tip of the proverbial AI/wellness iceberg https://t.co/AToJEKObGD
This dynamic architecture, interiors and planning practice has offices in Portland and Seattle. Over four years of collaboration, Denise has helped publicize the firm’s exceptional designs and technical innovations. Working closely with marketing and technical staff, Mahlum’s comprehensive external communications program has included:
- Placements of projects in local and national outlets including Architectural Record, ArchDaily, Medical Construction & Design, Oregon DJC, Seattle DJC, Portland Tribune, and The Oregonian.
- Secure placement for bylined articles and blog posts in Metropolis, Healthcare Design, ACUHO’s The Talking Stick, NWACUHO’s Soundings, School Planning & Management, and College Planning & Management.
- Organic social media growth over past 3 years at 300% (LinkedIn), 400%(Twitter), 100% (Facebook).
PACIFIC CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT
A fast-growing homebuilder in Bend saw an opportunity in Central Oregon’s busy construction sector to expand into new markets. Having successfully moved into commercial and multi-family construction, as well as ground-up development, Pacific Construction & Development needed a new brand and website to match their dynamic vision and reinforce their reputation as a builder of smart, quality places for life, work and play. Denise led the charge by:
- One-on-one investigation to the company’s true character
- Survey of the competition
- Managing the full redesign of graphic identity materials
- Setting the tone of voice and appropriate language to convey the firm’s humble confidence of their capabilities and honest approach
- Managing the design and development of a full website
- Updating and relaunching social media accounts
Emerging from the depths of the recession, this civil engineering and land planning firm needed help tackling various marketing opportunities to continue their upward trajectory. Supporting the work of senior leadership, Denise has provided comprehensive marketing communication that has helped land 3J Consulting on the Portland Business Journal’s 100 fastest growing private companies for five years in a row:
- Success rate of 40% for formal proposal efforts, near the upper average of established industry KPIs
- Secured earned media placements in local outlets Oregon DJC, Portland Business Journal, and Portland Tribune
- Launch annual party and annual themed gifts
- Website refresh and maintenance
- Organic social media growth over past 3 years at 100% (LinkedIn), 100% (Facebook).
BIELLA LIGHTING DESIGN
Lighting design is a relatively small facet of the overall design of a building, but its impact is significant. High quality, attractive and well-placed lighting makes the difference between inviting or not, popular or not, useful or not, functional or not. Denise has helped Biella earn new commissions and recognition through proposals and qualifications packages, website and social media updates, and award submissions.